JIB Recommends BPMA Training for Pump Installation and Maintenance Fitters
The British Pump Manufacturer’s Association (BPMA) is delighted to have two of its E-Learning Training Courses endorsed by the Joint Industry Board for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services in England and Wales.
JIB-PMES is an independent and neutral ‘not for profit’ organisation, which partners the CSCS Registration Scheme, a regulator and a service provider for employers and employees within the building industry.
Participation in the activities and benefit schemes of the JIB for Plumbing Mechanical Engineering Services is open to:
- Members of the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).
- Members of the Unite the Union (Unite).
- Members of National Federation of Builders (NFB) who employ operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers.
- Employers of operative plumbers and/or apprentice plumbers, who are not in membership with the APHC or the NFB.
- Operative plumbers in the employ of Public and Local Authorities.
- Operative plumbers not in membership of Unite but employed by participants of the JIB for PMES.
As a CSCS scheme partner, JIB-PEMS provides Health & Safety Registration SmartCards (or Blue Cards as they are more commonly known) to operatives employed in plumbing and mechanical engineering services and related sectors.
There are a wide range of disciplines and occupations covered by the scheme, but for those whose work includes the installation, servicing and maintenance of pumps, the registration classification for the appropriate Blue Card is ‘Pump Installation & Maintenance Fitter’.
However, as there is no recognised National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) or Vocational Qualification (VQ) which specifically covers this job role, the qualification requirements for this occupation covers a range of third-party training courses.
The two BPMA courses recommended for completion are:
- Introduction to Pumping Technology course (20 hours)
- Essentials of Pumping Technology course (90 hours)
Commenting on the recommendation, Gary Wilde, Technical Services Manager at the BPMA said, “It is very pleasing for us to have two of our training courses endorsed by such a respected organisation, and to know that those installing or maintaining pumps with the building environment are being directed our way for their skills development.”
He added, “We look forward to training many more pump installation and maintenance fitters within the construction industry over the coming years.”
For further information on any of the BPMA Training Courses, please contact Steve Smith on +44 (0)121 601 6691 or by email at email@example.com
Back to Latest News