BPMA Pump Repair & Maintenance
(Price covers both days): 8 March 2022
Price: £650.00 (ex VAT) per delegate
BPMA Members price: £450.00
Tuesday and Wednesday
8th & 9th March 2022
This two-day classroom & hands-on training course . This course will be suitable both for the novice technicians seeking the fundamentals of pump repair as well as the experienced technicians seeking skills improvement or a refresher.
This course considers the implications of repair and replacing a part with a partial or complete overhaul. The importance of building in a scheduled or preventative maintenance routine that will help prolong the life of a system and help to eliminate costly downtime problems.
A repair simply replaces whatever component or components failed where an overhaul begins with a complete inspection and restores the machine to OEM standards or better.
AFTER THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND:
- Different types of pumps / impellers / materials
- How to read a typical manufacturer pump nameplate & what you can do if it doesn’t have one attached.
- List of parts and what you should normally replace.
- How to dis-assemble and re-assemble to manufacturers specifications
- The different types of mechanical seals & packing.
- Repair or replace it with a more efficient pump unit.
- Booster Sets & Expansion Vessels
- Sewage Pumps & Pump Stations
- Testing / Warranty / Commissioning
- Preventive maintenance, weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly.
- Disposal of equipment
British Pump Manufacturers Association Ltd
National Metalforming Centre
47 Birmingham Road