Fluid & Energy Solutions Consultancy Ltd
35 Westcliffe House
FES (Fluid & Energy Solutions) Consultancy Ltd is a London based group of professional consulting engineers specialised in design, analysis and troubleshooting fluid machinery (mainly pumps) and related equipment. Our consultants offer a broad range of expertise in turbo-machinery and systems related issues, cumulating more than 50 years experience in industry.
We have operated in the Water & Wastewater, Oil & Gas, LNG, Power Generation, Consumer Products and Renewables sectors.
Our Experts can assist in:
• New Product Development/Capital Projects – We can support innovation projects to help you achieve optimised performance with reduced cost and time to market.
• Refurbishment of Ageing Assets – We can support refurbishment and plant upgrade projects to help you reinstate asset integrity and future proof pumping systems through adequate pump selection & ancillaries, NDT testing & pipework pressure re-rating and system simulation for future operating conditions. We can also manage the project on your behalf.
• Operations & Systems – We can assist in troubleshooting your machinery and process systems for recurring mechanical seal failure, bearing failure and process instabilities to help reduce operating cost and downtime.
Our Services include:
DESIGN & AUDIT
• Pump selection and system design
• Pump design – Impeller & Volute Sizing, shaft design, Mechanical seal and bearing selection
• Layout drawings and installation details
• Model testing and CFD Analysis
• Pump Re-Rating (Change of duty)
• Dynamic Simulation Analysis(Start-Up/Shutdown/Process Upset)
• Piping and system design, including valves and fittings
• Materials selection for pumping application
• Witness Testing (FAT/SAT) – ISO 9906/HI/API 610/PTC 22
• Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) – Pipework pressure rating (ASME B31)
OPERATIONS & TROUBLESHOOTING
• Plant Operational review
• Off-design Operation Analysis
• Dynamic Simulation Analysis (System trip)
• Vibration and noise troubleshooting
• Seal failure troubleshooting
• Concept Studies
• Feasibility Studies
• Due Diligence
• Risk Analysis & Mitigation
• New Product Development
• Research & Innovation
• Technical Advisory
• Pump Technology
• Pumping System Design & Operation
• Mechanical Seal Systems
• Common Failures in Pumps
Back to Members