The UK’s Chemical Industries reunite at CHEMUK 2021, NEC Birmingham
As one of the first post-lockdown ‘national trade show’ events scheduled at NEC Birmingham, CHEMUK 2021, the UK’s Chemical Industries Supply Chain Expo, opened its doors on Wed 15th & Thur 16th Sept, prompting delight and enthusiasm from across the sector.
Ian Stone, MD of event organisers UK Industry Events commented “In the wake of unprecedented challenges and disruptions thrown up to all industries, with the outbreak of the global Covid-19 pandemic, the CHEMUK team were so delighted to see attendee groups from across all segments of the Chemical Industries, as well as representation from across all regions…it was so satisfying to bring the industry back together again!”
Showcasing some 350+ exhibiting companies representing literally hundreds of product, technology and service brands supporting the broad Chemicals, Chemical formulated products and Chemical-using industries, the busy 10,000 sqm expo floor welcomed some 2,400+ visitors (and a further 1,000+ from across exhibiting teams) over the 2 days, creating a combined 3,500+ attendance.
On this year’s attendance, Ian Stone comments “With strong pre-registration levels and a great ‘buzz’ across industry & social channels, the industry’s eagerness to engage again in a dynamic physical trade show environment was palpable and borne out as soon as the doors opened on Day 1”
Busy & Vibrant Expo
CHEMUK 2021 Expo followed on its hugely successful inaugural event, held in Harrogate in 2019 and represents the UK’s only dedicated national supply chain expo for the chemicals industries, attracting highly specialised attendee groups from across the UK’s chemicals, chemical products & chemical-using industries, converging to see the very latest plant, equipment, technologies, supply chain partners & specialist services driving operational performance, plant & process efficiency, sustainability goals, future-proofing, safety, compliance, supply chain fulfilment and more..
The event provides a single sourcing environment for suppliers, services & partners embracing:
- Supply chain Chemicals, Ingredients & Raw materials
- Contract Chemical manufacturers
- Green chemistry/bio-based transition solutions
- Plant, Process, Flow & Control
- Digital & Automation technologies
- Health & Safety, Environmental & Regulatory
- Chemical Logistics, Storage, Handling & Fulfilment
- Chemical Sector Laboratory/R&D
- Asset Management, Site Operational & Maintenance
- Sector Skills & Training
- Sector Partners & Intelligence...
2-Day integrated conference
A packed ‘free to attend’ 2-day speaker programme presented 2021 attendees with some 150+ expert speakers, across the four integrated show floor stages, including feature session & panels discussing the big trends, challenges, opportunities & innovations affecting the UK’s chemical industries.
Speakers and guest panellists were drawn from across the sector, contributing to some 40+ hours of overall vital market intelligence, tech insight, best practice, case studies, solutions updates and more, for attendee groups. Big topics taking centre stage this year included Sustainability/NetZero, Post-Brexit, Green Chemistry/ Biobased, Process Intensification, Digitisation & Automation, Innovation, UK REACH, Sector Skills..and more
Great to be back ‘live’
Summing up, Stone commented “Nothing beats the ‘live’ trade show experience for networking and connections, vital intelligence, ideas, inspiration, and just soaking up your sector’s current position. You can also see what is happening immediately ‘over the horizon’ as well as longer term, in a dynamic, spontaneous, and visually engaging way; empowering and informing those crucial next steps…. Can’t wait to welcome the industry back in 2022!”
... And dates for Diary: CHEMUK 2022, 11-12 May 2022 (NEC Birmingham)
• "Airedale Chemical was delighted to play our part in our very first trade show at this year’s CHEM UK. It proved to be a decisive kick start to the chemical trade show calendar and an event that certainly delivered in footfall. We look forward to showcasing all our Airedale Group business divisions at next year’s event." Daniel Marr - Group CCO - Airedale Group
• CHEMUK2021 was a fantastic opportunity for Holiferm. We were excited to share our bio-surfactants with leading industry experts, who loved our samples. We also engaged with many members of the UK chemical supply chain, with a view to supporting us as we build the largest dedicated bio-surfactant plant for household and personal care in the world. We are really looking forward to coming back in May 2022 to share the progress we have made and renew the relationships we have formed. Richard Lock - Managing Director - Holiferm
• “Wow ChemUK what can I say? Such a fabulous exhibition. I don’t think any of us knew what to expect this year, with the whole pandemic situation, but the event was superb. One of the important factors for Asynt was the variety of people through the door. Alongside our amazing regular customers, we also met so many new faces and companies relevant to our industry. ChemUK is exceptionally well run, and nothing is too much trouble. Communication with the organisers is excellent and the whole team will go to the nth degree to help and support you. For anyone wondering if ChemUK 2022 is worth attending………. without a shadow of a doubt, absolutely. We’ve already booked our stand! Many thanks to the Team for making face to face interactions, at exhibitions, possible again. You guys are trailblazers!” Dr Kerry Elgie - Director of Business Development - Asynt Ltd
Back to Latest News