BPMA Introduces New
Pump Repair Training Course
BPMA has added a new course to its training programme.
Addressing the increasingly important area of pump maintenance and repair, and to better meet the requirements of its members, the course was developed under the guidance of Gary Wilde, BPMA’s Technical Services Officer, with the help of a dedicated Working Group, comprising AESSEAL, Altecnic, Eriks, NOV, Secure Meters, Siemens, WEG, Wilo UK & Xylem UK.
This planned two-day classroom & hands-on training course has been designed to provide attendees with the essential and generic knowledge of pump repairs & maintenance. It is suitable both for the novice technician, looking for the core fundamentals of pump repair, as well as the experienced technician seeking skills improvement or simply to act a knowledge refreshment.
This course considers the implications of repair and replacing a part with a partial or complete overhaul. The importance of building in a scheduled or preventative maintenance routine that will help prolong the life of a system and help to eliminate costly downtime problems.
A repair simply replaces whatever component or components failed whereas an overhaul begins with a complete inspection and restores the machine to OEM standards or better.
The course will cover:
- Health & safety needs in the workshop & onsite
- How to repair equipment to manufacturers specifications
- Considerations when looking to fit a VSD Unit
- Typical troubleshooting in Pumping applications
- Cavitation, testing,
- Warranty & Commissioning
Once the course has been completed, attendees should be able to understand:
- Different types of pumps / impellers / materials
- How to read a typical manufacturer pump nameplate & what you can do if it does not have one attached
- List of parts and what you should normally replace.
- How to dis-assemble and re-assemble to manufacturers specifications
- The different types of mechanical seals & packing.
- Repair or replace it with a more efficient pump unit.
- Booster Sets & Expansion Vessels
- Sewage Pumps & Pump Stations
- Testing / Warranty / Commissioning
- Preventive maintenance, weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly.
- Disposal of equipment
The course will be CPD Approved, in line with all the other training offered by the BPMA, and its first delivery is scheduled for 23rd & 24th June 2021.
For further information, and to book your place on this or any of the other BPMA training courses, please contact Steve Smith on +44 (0)121 601 6691 or by email at email@example.com.
Back to Latest News