Communication Skills (1-day): 28 April 2020
Price: £300.00 (ex VAT) per delegate
28 April 2020
Getting your ideas and thoughts across to an individual or a group of people has always been a key skill in business and has become more important with the advent of new communication methods and technologies.
It requires that managers understand communication styles, methods and terminology, all while understanding the behavioural responses to various formats of communication in the 21st Century.
This 1-day course is designed to enable attendees to improve their communication skills across the various mediums of modern communication and how to notice and respond to the non-verbal and subconscious communication of others.
In this course, you will:
• The communication process and how to cope when it breaks down
• The importance of trust in management communication
• Understand the elements that make up the communication dynamic
• Learn practical skills in voice and body language and proxemics
• Understand their personal impact
• Learn to recognise their patterns of behaviour
• Learn how their assumptions about life affect themselves and others in communication
• Widen their choices of behaviour to create a different effect
• Gain tools for dealing with other people
• Learn how to manage meetings without chairing them
• Learn how to set boundaries whilst retaining a “Can do” persona
• Gain practical tools for handling real communication
This course is designed for anyone in a supervisory role, from supervisors through to managing directors.
It is a highly practical and inactive course in which attendees will learn skills and behaviours which can be implemented immediately. And, through practical exercises, will have begun the process of implementing these lesson during the course period.
47 Birmingham Road