Reporting to –Managing Director.
Based in South-East of UK
Salary Circa £50K
The Chief Engineer's responsibility is to ensure product innovation and engineering improvements are speedily and efficiently brought to our customers with the required accreditations. You will operate proactively to identify opportunities for improvements and to mitigate risks of pump failure in the field.
As Chief Engineer you will have management responsibility for a team of one Engineer and one engineering / R & D technician. You will assign tasks to the engineering team, setting long and short-term project goals, ensuring that projects stay within time and budgetary restraints and compiling reports for the managing director.
• To carry out engineering functions consistent with sales, marketing and company management
• Responsible for the successful design and development processes from concept to final manufacturing
drawings for company product implementation
• Applying for Patents where desirable.
• Design schemes and detailed drawings for standard products and specials incorporating continuing
• Ensure the task of converting 2D drawings to 3D is completed
• Ensure IOM manuals are best in class in our industry.
• Collating calculations and producing CE manuals.
• Continue to increase the number of pumps in the range to have the required accreditations.
• Produce and maintain technical documentation to ensure compliance with relevant standards including
ATEX, 3A, EHEDG.
• Produce customer interface drawings to meet the demands of the Sales department.
• Oversee research and development test facility.
• Produce research and development testing records for products and their components.
• Assess and report on failed items through NCR system when required.
• Provide technical support to the sales and service team when required including direct customer
contact when needed.
• Produce technical reports to customers in support of site visits.
• Ensure technical data is full and complete.
• Research for new product design and product improvement
(with R & D)
• Ensuring any activities through INFOR system are addressed
• Staying up to date with competition improvements/innovations
• Ensure adequate training is undertaken by you and your team
• Working closely with suppliers and other third parties to keep abreast of technical developments in our
Skills and Attributes required:
• Strong problem-solving, communication and listening skills.
• Team building and management skills.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Able to work to tight timescales, managing priorities and pressure.
• Can-do ethos.
• Full driving licence and passport required.
• The role may require travel both within and outside the UK.
• The role requires flexibility in working hours as required.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV and any covering letter to
email@example.com and quote V1112
Back to Careers