Design Engineer - SolidWorks / AutoCAD
Up to £28,000 per annum DOE
Job Function: Engineering
Industry Sector: Manufacturing & Production
Are you looking for a role where you can make your mark as a Design Engineer? Want to develop your career with a well-established British manufacturer? If so, we want to hear from you.
Established in 1988, a leading designer and manufacturer of centrifugal pumps. With 30 years of success, we’ve earned an enviable reputation for the quality and endurance of our products.
We are now looking for a skilled Design Engineer to join our team in Bristol. We’re also eager to hear from Junior Designers who are at the start of their career.
- Salary of up to £28,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 25 with service)
This is a brilliant opportunity to step into an exciting and fast-paced role where your designs will be swiftly transformed from drawings into products, often within hours.
Fostering an environment where collaboration and innovation are encouraged, we will support you to build on your existing knowledge and build a career to be proud of.
As you’ll be joining a small business, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make a big impact and get involved with a broad range of activities.
As a Design Engineer, you’ll design products and parts in-line with customers’ requirements, taking cost and functionality into account.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Work with the Sales Team to understand customers’ needs
- Prepare designs and 2D drawings
- Create 3D models, including preparing castings and programming the CNC machine
- Provide technical advice and guidance to colleagues and customers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Strive to continuously develop and improve designs
To join us as a Design Engineer, you will need:
- Previous design experience
- Experience of SolidWorks or AutoCAD
- Previous experience of engineering drawings
- A degree-level qualification in mechanical engineering or similar
Ideally, you will have knowledge of BS 8888.
We are interested in hearing from both skilled Design Engineers and Junior Designers.
Other companies may call this role Product Design Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Product Designer, Design Technician, Graduate Engineer, Graduate Designer, Graduate Technician, Entry Level Engineer, Junior Design Engineer, Graduate Design Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Trainee CAD Designer or CAD Draughtsperson.
For more information on this role send CV to email@example.com and we will forward this on for consideration Please remember to quote V2211
Back to Careers