Technical Solutions Engineer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
The role of the Technical Solutions Engineer is to provide the leadership and direction to sales team for assessing the customer’s pump or seal problem, and provides the preliminary design for an appropriate technical solution, addressing the customer’s process equipment performance issues. A specific knowledge of the service and solutions programs & solutions, like back pull-out replacement units.
- He / She will also be in position to propose non-standard aftermarket services like Training & I.P.S.
- He / She will proactively support assigned end user sales engineer in selling upgrades, retrofits and solutions. Main objective is to add technical value to any opportunity concerning customer installed base.
- Interfacing with End User Sales, Service & Solutions Engineering and C.S.O.A., he / she will have to work-out the basic specification and scoping, and ensure it is aligned with Quick Response Centre’s.
- Spends the major part of his / her time with customers, to maintain and build an excellent understanding of the market and customers, additionally identifying other Services and Solutions business opportunities.
- Develop strong customer support through technology focus. Assist sales force through customer presentation promoting own CompanyTechnology and application expertise (Technical Forum, Lunch & Learns and Specific Upgrade Solutions).
- Provide sales assistance for engineering consulting services for pump / seal problem identification and solution.
- Analyze pump / system performance through data collection and analysis and introduce own company Technical Assessments and capabilities of in-field vibration and performance testing to support, where data is not available. Perform system and operation analysis to determine impact on system variables on pump reliability and performance.
- Support the QRC’s in the inspection, identification and root cause of pump and pumps system degradation where local engineering is not available to identify opportunities for upgrades and added value solutions. In addition review repair proposals to identify potential upselling opportunities.
- Build and execute tactical plans which support the growth of the Technical Solutions business in assigned territory fully aligned to the Sub-regional strategy.
- Prepare detailed / professional pump and seal system assessment report.
- Provide assistance in developing work-scope required to solve equipment problems through pump / system / operations modifications and upgrade.
- Ensure the quotation management system Flowforce is updated with all the relevant information concerning the development of the opportunity and forecast estimates.
- Report on a monthly basis the backlog of upgrade proposals versus the assigned plan for the specific region.
- Manage all technical queries and be the customer’s trusted expert on pump problem investigations and solutions. Produce detailed analysis and determine impact of system variables on Life Cycle Cost.
- Pro-actively identify new and unsolicited business opportunities for Technical Solutions focusing particular on value based life-cycle-cost justified opportunities.
- Turn business opportunities into profitable bookings through value added scoping and pricing. Collate and provide all site and customer details required to develop high quality technical proposals that add value to the customer and maximize the business opportunity.
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5-years of pump design and field troubleshooting experience.
- Pro-active and opportunity driven personality which needs very limited managerial direction and sets and drives his own priorities and activities aligned to the Sub Regional business strategy and objective.
- Strong analytical abilities accompanied with proficient understanding of pump design, analysis techniques and tools. An ability to read, create and modify engineering design documents.
- Must have motivational skills and a high sense of urgency to recognize equipment / process opportunities. Prepare and defend the solution in front of customer.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and understanding including opportunity evaluation, technical selling capabilities, priority setting, sales processes and commercial aspects.
- Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with customers and internally working as a team. Strong confidence with both customers and company associates at all working levels.
- Ability to produce professional engineering reports and technical proposals which are factual, accurate and concise. Conclusions and recommendations must be feasible, economical and based on sound engineering practices and in keeping with Company policies / objectives.
- Root Cause Analysis knowledge on pump and seal systems.
- Proficient language skills in English
Knowledge of all latest design upgrades as well as new pump design policy to be able to offer constructive suggestions to find problem solutions in accordance with design engineering policies.
For more information on this role send CV to email@example.com and we will forward this on for consideration Please remember to quote V1512
Back to Careers