Aberdeen, United Kingdom
A recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Project Management department at our Aberdeen Quick Response Centre (QRC) to lead and manage orders through the strip, overhaul, repair and upgrade process, management of parts and service deliverables.
This Project Manager role is the link between the customer and the internal organisation, and will translate and deliver according customer expectations in all aspects such as quality, scope of supply, warranty handling and customer satisfaction.
Working closely with the “sister” Newcastle QRC, the Project Manager may be required to manage projects remotely at this and our Newark QRC.
Amongst other key functions, the Project Manager is there to:
- Support efforts to meet safety targets and maintain zero lost time injury status
- Ensure contractual deliverables are met and issue cost adders for anything that is outside of the original scope of supply
- Co-ordination of correct order handling, including software requirements by customers
- Maintain relations with customer's purchasing, expediting, engineering and inspection personnel to set a good and proper company image to the customer
- Present timely, accurate invoicing, both on products shipped and according deferred payment schedules and to assist in timely collection of money
- Maintain existing and assist to develop new systems related to status and progress reporting of orders within the plant for financial data and for providing to customers
- Liaise with purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and production control to obtain status information and co-ordinate information flow in both directions between the customer and the company, as well as their suppliers where applicable
- Focus on the safe and efficient use of people, equipment, materials and controls to the best possible advantage
- Ensure on-time delivery performance
- Ensure margin and cash flow enhancement through budget control, correct invoicing and on time payment by customers
- Participate in improvement programs, such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing etc
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Significant, demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects, preferably within a rotating equipment environment.
- A solid understanding of mechanical engineering, either by academic background, or through on the job experience.
- Knowledge of pumping equipment and associated equipment and systems will be desirable
- Project Administration skills – maintain cost and delivery schedules, technical info, contract info
- Understanding of problem-solving techniques and basics of Six Sigma.
- Understanding of the design process and ability to read design drawings
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible on working location and times
For more information on this role send CV to email@example.com and we will forward this on for consideration Please remember to quote V1509
Back to Careers